Here’s how a simple and easy cilantro lime shrimps scampi with zucchini noodles:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (16-24), shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until frothing, add the shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute before setting the shrimp aside.
- Add the white wine and lime juice to the pan, deglaze it, simmer for 2 minutes, add the zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes, before seasoning with salt and pepper, adding the shrimp, lime zest and cilantro, tossing everything and removing from the heat.
- Note: Cut the zucchini into noodles with a mandoline or a spiralizer.