To continue our discussion this month on ADHD lets talk about the top 11 ways to battle it naturally!
1. Prioritize Sleep: You must focus on getting good sleep on a regular basis. If you are sleeping in late in the morning, try getting up early and allowing yourself to get real tired early the following evening and going to sleep around 9-10pm and waking around 6-7am. Use this as your regular schedule getting 8-9 hours of high quality sleep each night.
2. Clean Up Your Diet: Follow an Anti-inflammatory nutrition plan as discussed.
3. Get Outside on a Regular Basis: It is so important to get outside in nature. Go to a park every day and take a long walk and do lots of deep breathing. Nature is its own healer and if you find ways to get out in nature, you will see huge improvements in focus, concentration, learning and mood.
4. Exercise Daily: Bike, walk, run, lift weights, dance, yoga, etc. Find something or multiple things you love that challenge your body and are enjoyable.
5. Supplement with Omega 3’s: Omega 3 fatty acids may be the most important supplement for individuals with ADHD and learning disorders. Try to eat foods like grass-fed meat, grass-fed butter, wild-caught fish and spirulina which are all rich in high quality omega 3’s.
**Next week we will let you in the rest of the top 11 ways to fight ADHD naturally**