Here are some factors for why bugs love you some much:
1. Alcohol — just one bottle of beer can increase your appeal to the nasty bugs.
2. Pregnancy — as if pregnant women don’t have enough to worry about, they get bitten about twice as much as the rest of us. The body temperature of pregnant women is a degree warmer than everyone else, and they exhale 21 percent more carbon dioxide.
3. Bloody type — Type O blood types are bitten twice as much as Type A. Type B is somewhere in the middle.
4. Exercise — Working out builds up lactic acid in your sweat, making you a little more tasty.
**By no means stop exercising or getting pregnant so lets get some good repellant. We need to avoid the nasty chemicals in most bug sprays by getting resourceful and making our own.
- Essential oils: choose from Citronella, Clove, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Cajeput, Eucalyptus, Cedar, Catnip, Lavender, Mint
- Natural Witch Hazel
- Distilled or boiled Water
- Vegetable glycerin (optional)
How to Make Homemade Bug Spray:
- Fill spray bottle (I used 8 ounce) 1/2 full with distilled or boiled water
- Add witch hazel to fill almost to the top
- Add 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin if using
- Add 30-50 drops of essential oils to desired scent. The more oils you use, the stronger the spray will be. My personal favorite mix is: Rosemary, Clove, Cajeput, Lavender, Cinnamon and Eucalyptus… it works great and smells good too!