A paleo California Steak Salad filled with grilled onions, arugula, avocado, asparagus, charred Steak and covered in zesty Chimichurri Dressing. Fresh, light, high in protein and delicious!
1.25lb flank steak
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt & pepper to season
8 oz. fresh arugula
1 red onion, sliced into 1″” rings (keep them together you’re going to grill them)
1lb. asparagus, trimmed
1 pint of assorted cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, sliced
1 garlic clove
1 cup fresh cilantro
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Season asparagus and onion rings with olive oil and salt.
3. Place asparagus and onion rings on the grill. Grill the asparagus for 4-5 minutes and remove. Grill the onion rings for 4-5 minutes per side until char marks appear. Remove and set aside.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of olive to flank steak, rub into both sides. Season both sides with salt & pepper.
5. Place flank steak on the grill. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. (make sure you slice it against the grain)
6. While the steak is resting add the following to a small food processor: a garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Blend until smooth and looks like a dressing.
7. Assemble the salad, add fresh arugula, grilled red onion slices, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, and sliced flank steak to a large serving platter. Serve with Chimichurri Dressing on the side! Garnish with a lime.
Food is Fuel,
Team at CCC