CALIFORNIA STEAK SALAD WITH CHIMICHURRI DRESSING
Written by Dr. Sean Medlin and Dr. Krystal Czegus / Updated on February 28, 2018 / 0 comments
A paleo California Steak Salad filled with grilled onions, arugula, avocado, asparagus, charred Steak and covered in zesty Chimichurri Dressing. Fresh, light, high in protein and delicious!
1.25lb flank steak
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt & pepper to season
8 oz. fresh arugula
1 red onion, sliced into 1″” rings (keep them together you’re going to grill them)
1lb. asparagus, trimmed
1 pint of assorted cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, sliced
1 garlic clove
1 cup fresh cilantro
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat.
2. Season asparagus and onion rings with olive oil and salt.
3. Place asparagus and onion rings on grill. Grill the asparagus for 4-5 minutes and remove. Grill the onion rings for 4-5 minutes per side until char marks appear. Remove and set aside.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of olive to flank steak, rub into both side. Season both sides with salt & pepper.
5. Place flank steak on the grill. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. (make sure you slice it against the grain)
6. While the steak is resting add the following to a small food processor: a garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Blend until smooth and looks like a dressing.
7. Assemble the salad, add fresh arugula, grilled red onion slices, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, and sliced flank steak to a large serving platter. Serve with Chimichurri Dressing on the side! Garnish with a lime.
Food is Fuel,
Team at CCC
Dr. Sean and Dr. Krystal inspire practice members and the community to take the necessary action to achieve your optimum state of health. They educate about the natural healing capabilities you possess and the importance of a healthy nervous system that is free from interference.
- No tags here.
There are no post.