Dr. Krystals Kitchen is featuring this Health-Boosting Apple Crumble Recipe that adds a healthy twist to this well-known dessert. Healthy spices and the mild sweetness of coconut oil create a flavorful fruity feast. Whether you have a spoonful or two of this apple crumble, you can be sure that there won’t be any drastic consequences to your health.
For the filling
- 4 organic green apples, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
For the topping
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. of grass-fed butter or coconut oil, to grease the pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients for the topping until completely incorporated, and set aside.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9×9-inch baking dish.
- Place the apples in the dish and cover evenly with the topping.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake for an additional 25 minutes. The dish is done when the apples are soft and the topping browns.
We would love to see how yours came out to take a picture, post it, and ENJOY!