ELEVATE YOUR SENSES POWER BOWL
- 1 bunch curly kale, washed and de-stemmed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 large beet, spiralized
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- Optional garnishes: pepitas + two-seeded dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Tear the kale into large pieces and place on baking sheet. Massage the coconut oil into the kale leaves. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and sea salt, to taste.
- Roast the kale for 10-12 minutes or until just starting to become golden (it will not be completely crispy but parts of it will be).
- While the kale roasts, season the cooked quinoa with 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt, a dash of black pepper, and fresh chives.
- Next, scoop the flesh of your avocado into a small bowl, squeeze the lime juice over top, and sprinkle with a dash of sea salt. Mash the avocado with a fork and set aside.
- To assemble the power bowls, place little piles of each of the roasted kale, carrots, radishes, quinoa, and spiralized beets into large bowls. Drop a dollop of the smashed avocado in the center and top with pepitas and two-seeded dressing, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper
Make the dressing by adding the pepitas, hemp seeds, almond milk, garlic, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper to a blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes and pour into a small container.
For last month’s tasty recipe, click here!
For even more information on foods that trigger your senses, click here!