Wanting some Healthy Skin recipes?
Try Bell Peppers!
If you’re wanting some healthy skin recipes, look no further! Try some bell peppers! Whatever color you choose to put on your plate, bell peppers offer amazing skin benefits. Peppers contain high levels of vitamin C which is a crucial nutrient for collagen production. Vitamin C also helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals, agents that attack a cell’s DNA.
Make your skin happy with this fresh frittata that’s loaded with ingredients your skin will love.
Fresh Vegetable Frittata
1 tsp oil, vegetable
1/2 cup broccoli, florets, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 medium pepper, green bell, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 medium tomato, seeded and sliced
4 large eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp milk, non-fat (skim)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper, black, ground
3 medium scallions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 9 baking dish.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
3. Add in garlic, pepper, onion, and mushrooms and continue to sauté until vegetables become tender. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to the baking dish.
4. Add tomatoes to the baking dish and spread the vegetables evenly throughout the dish.
5. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
6. Pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture.
7. Bake in preheated oven for about 30-45 minutes, or until center is set.
8. Cut into 4 servings and top each with sliced scallions. Serve hot or cold.
Do you want even more recipes featuring bell peppers? Check out this page for even more!
Do you want to go even one step further towards health and wellness? Schedule your appointment with Clear Connections Chiropractic today!