Red, White, & Blue Gluten-Free Berry Fruit Pizza
Although the fourth of July just passed, it is never too late to show your patriotic side!! Now you can do just that with this amazing summer dessert: red, white & blue gluten-free berry fruit pizza! This dish is perfect for any summer gathering you have or even if you’re just wanting a cool dish with all the berry flavor you could possibly want!
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp.coconut flour
- 1 whole egg (may substitute, chia or flax gel – 1 Tbsp. chia/flax + 2 Tbsp. water)
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted (may sub coconut oil for vegan and paleo)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt (for dairy-free may sub canned coconut cream or non-dairy greek-style yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed berries
- Optional toppings: pecans, coconut flakes, white chocolate shavings or curls, coconut butter drizzle, etc.
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix. Once combined, transfer to the baking sheet. With hands, press dough to start forming into a rectangle shape. Then place another piece of parchment paper over top and with a rolling pin, roll until about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. You should end up with about a 10×8-inch rectangle.
- Bake crust for 16 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Combine and mix together yogurt (or non-dairy option), maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Spread yogurt mixture over cooled crust and then top with berries.
- Add optional toppings if desired.
- Cut into 15 squares and enjoy!