Here’s a zucchini recipe you can easily make:
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 c. Shredded chicken
- 1 1/3 c. red enchilada sauce, divided
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic, cumin and chili powder and stir until combined. Add shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce and stir until saucy.
- On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini. Lay out three, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of chicken mixture on top. Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Bake until melty, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Thank you for improving your eating habits because that will allow us to always be growing toward stronger health! Impress your friends and family with the awesome recipe and post a picture in the comments below to share with our Grand Rapids community.
Yours in Health,
Team at CCC