Cherry Chocolate Overnight Oats
This yummy recipe for cherry vanilla dark chocolate overnight oats will help to fill your tummy and send you into sweet dreams. It can be made ahead of time and is great for a late night snack, or it can be packed for an early morning at the office. It’s packed with protein from the Greek yogurt, chia seeds and flax meal. The oats are a great source of complex carbohydrates. And the chia seeds and flax meal are great sources of fat as well. For a bonus, you can add a spoonful of almond butter on top for a delicious way to add more protein and fat.
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped cherries
- 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl or to go container.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir together until combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly into two jars and cover with lids.
- Refrigerate overnight. Oats are good for several days.
See the original recipe here.
Look at some of our other recipes here.
Need a Late Night Snack?
Try some of these sleep inducing foods…